Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas Dinner at Modesto's Restaurant

So what was Christmas like for me this year, 2011?
Lots of First Time again!
But in this post, I am only going to concentrate on my first visit to Modesto's Restaurant.

Who was there?
My hubby, my two boys, my sister, my new brother-in-law and myself!
Six of us. *smile*
We went to the branch at Suntec City on 21st December and it was a Christmas Dinner treat from my BIL.
Nice! Thank you! *Grin*

I love the service at Modesto's Restaurant. The lady who served us was really responsive and proactive. She asked, "Would you like the soup to be served in two smaller bowls because the soup is enough for two people?"
Wow! I never knew that!

Thank goodness I said yes! It was a big serving indeed!
In Modesto's Restaurant, one bowl of soup is really good enough for two to share.

***Apologies for the photos on food, we were so eager to eat, I kept forgetting to snap a shot of the food before taking a bite bites. Ooops!

My children had CREMA DI FUNGHI $11.50: a home-made cream of fresh mushroom soup, topped with cream;
And COTTO $20.50 Regular size Pizza: consists of tomato, cheese and cooked pork ham.


My elder son could not resists himself from getting more cheese from the cheese container placed on the table. He just kept adding more cheese to his pizza! His love for cheese is definitely inherited from his parents. *laugh*





The newly weds shared the $21.00 LINGUINE ALLE VONGOLE: Flat spaghetti with fresh clams, dried chilli and garlic in an extra virgin olive oil and white wine sauce.



While my hubby and I shared the $27.00 RISOTTO ALLA PESCATORA: a traditional Italian rice with an assortment of fresh seafood in fresh tomato sauce. (Prawn, squid, clam and mussel)



In order to fill up the little gaps in our tummy, the four adults order another regular size pizza. A different flavour from what the kids had. $22.50 SALMONE AFFUMICATO: Tomato, cheese, smoked salmon, capers and onions.



Then I had English Breakfast Tea to end the meal with a warm feeling in my tummy. *Thumbs Up*


On the contrary, the kids preferred to chill their stomach, so they shared a single scoop of $5.50 GELATO: Chocolate ice-cream, served with fresh blueberries and strawberries, butter cookies and whipped cream.


Whereas the young couple chose to cool their gastric with the $13.00 STRUDEL DI MELE CON GELATO ALLA VANIGLIA: a home-made apple strudel, served warm and topped with vanilla ice-cream.


I love the Modesto's Restaurant and will definitely go back again. I wanted to try their Lasagne! It looked really yummy (on other people's table...)! *laugh*


No comments: